gpkcs11 - Further development
Stuff that Sourceforge asked me to do:
- 1. A link to the projects group page on SourceForge.
Ok, gpkcs11 is a
project to implement PKCS#11, a standard for accessing cryptographics
- 4.A link to the CVS web interface
This is here.
The source code is the result of some month of fulltime work. So it is probably
one of the few links here that are really worthwile. B-)
- 5.Some info about using CVS specific to your project.
Hmmmm..., well there is nothing special as of now. just get the stuff:
cvs -d @cvs.gpkcs11.sourceforge.net checkout gpkcs11
it might be worth mentioning that the actual code is in a
subdirectory, so that multiple modules may be separated at a later
stage, the first of which is this website.
Building the code
To create all parts of gpkcs11 you also need the following:
in any case. You even need this if you have written you own token
implementation, to successfully run the tests. Unless your token
implements allmost all of RSA and DES algorithms.
- GUILE-1.3 to
build the interactive shell. This is not strictly nessecary, but helps
in quickly writing small scripts to do something with your tokens
automatically (if you speak scheme that is B-) )
- DejaGNU-1.3 to
run the automatic test environment.
- JDK 1.1
to install the library in Netscape Communicator. For other uses the
package is not required. (the link points to the Solaris/SPARC version
of the JDK)
- Autoconf, Automake and libtool if you want to
change the automatic configuration of the package. (This link points
to a fast mirror of ftp.gnu.org)
Below you will find additional Websites that contain inforamtion on
the subject of PKCS#11 and its usage in Applications.
PKCS#11 Conformance Testing
- More information about testing the conformance of an PKCS#11
implementation. No longer behind the iron curtain of US export
controls, but in source code and freely availiable.
- To load the completed PKCS#11 Modul into the Communicator, the
easiest way is to do an installation using SmartInstall. Prerequisite
is the signing of a Java Archives (jar) with signtool
JAR the Installation Manager to Install a PKCS #11 Cryptographic
- This document explains in detail how to install a Module in Netscape Communicator. A demonstrations script is included with the gpkcs11 archiv.